Effective date: March 1, 2019
5. We Operate in the US and Canada Only CovertTrack operates in the United States and Canada only.
6. Security of Your Information The security of your Personal Information is extremely important to CovertTrack. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing Personal Information we collect. For example, we:
● Constantly work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Information, and review our security procedures carefully.
● Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
● Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Information.
● Train our staff and require them to safeguard your data.
● We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure
● The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
● Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
7. Notice of Breach of Security If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then CovertTrack will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
8. Safeguarding Your Information We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. CovertTrack accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
10. California Privacy Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us through our contact form or at the addresses above.
11. CAN SPAM Act The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
● Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
● Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred To be in compliance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
● NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
● Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
● Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
● Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
● Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
12. What if I have questions about this policy? If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to resolve your concerns.
14. Canadian Law – Providing access and accuracy Subject to legal requirements provided by the Canadian Privacy Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. P-21) or the Access to Information Act, CovertTrack will respect your right of access to your Personal Information by informing you of its procedures and requirements for responding to your request for access. CovertTrack will act diligently to give you access, at minimal or no cost wherever possible. In certain exceptional circumstances, CovertTrack may not be able to give you access to your Personal Information. For example, some Personal Information banks may contain references to other persons or to CovertTrack’s proprietary information, or be covered by solicitor-client privilege. You can challenge the accuracy of your Personal Information and request corrections if you believe there are errors or omissions. You may also require in certain circumstances that an annotation be attached to your Personal Information reflecting any correction requested but not made, or that such annotation or correction be notified to certain individuals. CovertTrack will take all reasonable steps to ensure Personal Information used on an ongoing basis is as accurate, up-to-date, and complete for the purposes in which it was collected; CovertTrack will rely on you to inform it of any required corrections.
14 (a) Responding to your privacy concerns CovertTrack will respond to your questions and investigate diligently any complaints with respect to your Personal Information.
14 (b) Complying with applicable privacy legislation Your and CovertTrack’s rights and obligations regarding privacy are governed by applicable privacy legislation in Canada. The application and interpretation of this Policy and of our guiding privacy principles are subject to and will comply with such legislation.
15. Dispute Resolution If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with this policy, you should first contact CovertTrack. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
CovertTrack Group, Inc. 15600 N. 78th Street, Scottsdale, Arizona 85260.
Last Updated: March 1, 2019